Saturday, August 17, 2013

My First Post - Not What I Had Intended

   
 
     I had intended for my first post to be about why I am starting this blog, but I couldn't resist starting the blog a little early to share my find of the day.  Since Jim and I made an offer on the house in July, we have spent our weekends wondering through antique shops.  We have been to one antique store several times in the last two weeks.  Each time we visit, we find some new treasure.  I will write about a few of the other finds in a later post.
 
     As many of you know, my hubby and I are in the process of adopting from China.  I spend so much time looking at little girl clothes and toys on the internet dreaming of the day when I can buy for my little one.  Even though I want to buy everything I see, I rarely purchase anything.  After all, we haven't even been matched yet.   Today, however, I gave in to my fancy and bought something for my future daughter.
 
     As we were once again browsing through the antique store, I was delighted to find the two cutest handmade antique Asian dolls.  The store owner said her research indicates they are from the 1930's.  I didn't really care how old they were.  I knew I was going to buy them  the second I spotted them.  I never expected to find such a treasure just two miles from our house.  I hope to get better photos of them when I have a studio box, but for now these will have to do.
 
     I have fond hopes that my future daughter (hopefully daughters) will cherish these little dolls as much as I do. 
 
     






2 comments:

  1. Allow me the privilege of your first comment!
    LUV the dolls! They will be a fabulous addition to your daughter's room!
    ~nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear this is an awesome 1st post on your new blog! I am so happy for you and your husband and hope and pray the wait won't be too long until you have your daughter(s) home safe and sound! I talked to your mom the other day and she is so excited! Love you honey!!! Teresa

    ReplyDelete