Monday, March 3, 2014

PHOTO CHALLENGE DAY 3:  MY NAME IS.....

When trying to choose a photo that described my name, I went with the easiest thing I could find, crystals.  This is a photo of a pearl and crystal tiara that I wore in my wedding.  I absolutely loved the pop of red. 

As many of you may already know, my parents did not spell my name the normal way.  I am "Chrystal" not "Crystal".  There are people who have known me for my entire life who still don't spell my name right.  I'm used to it by now.  In the days before the internet, it was hard to get things with my name on it.  I so wanted that tag that said "Chrystal" for my bike as a child.  Now I am glad my name is different. 

I thought I would share a little about why I am named Chrystal.  My parents had actually intended to name me Krystal.  Some of you from the South may be familiar with Krystal's Burgers.  My parents ate them a lot when my Dad was stationed at Fort Benning in Georgia.  My Mother thought that it would make a beautiful name for a little girl.  The evening that I was born, there was a woman on the Channel 9 news out of Charlotte whose name was Chrystal and my Mother decided to spell my name as "Chrystal" instead of "Krystal".


 

No comments:

Post a Comment